Thursday 12 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Balloons and hearts light the room
And I'm still too self conscious to love you 
Refill your pitcher, go ring the boys 
I bet they'd dance on tables for you 

Don't ask me to look in the mirror 
My ego's got enough cracks 
Just sit there and tell me lies 
yes means yes, even you know that 

I'm sure my night doesn't compare 
To your best friend's imaginary brass band 
But she'll face reality one of these days 
And you'll already have a head start 

Who knew this was a race anyway? 
I thought we were running solo together 
The waiters sure made an effort 
I guess you're glad someone did 

Storm out or break something
I'd find you sexier if you made a scene 
At least file a complaint 
You're the only one here who will

I'm sure St. Valentine is laughing
Thinking about Romeo or Casanova
Or any of the other jokers or fools
That you were expecting tonight 

No comments:

Post a Comment